Creating a Welcome Screen (Splash Screen)
CDMenuPro makes it possible for you to start your CD with a welcome screen. You can design your screen using either a text or an image file.
- Select "Objects - Welcome Screen" from the menu bar or click on the corresponding button in the toolbar
- A dialog window is opened into which the welcome screen's properties can be specified.
- You can enable or deactivate the welcome screen by clicking in the box. If you decide to "deactivate" the welcome screen feature, CDMenuPro will suppress its output.
- Filling the text lines.
- Specify your icon file.
- Specify the duration of the display in seconds.
- Choose a background color.
- You can also display a bitmap instead of a text and an icon.
To do this, check the box marked "Use Background Image" and enter your file using the "Browse" button.
The size of the welcome screen depends on the size of the bitmap.
Tip: The best thing to do is to select a bitmap that covers (masks) the entire menu window.
This is how the welcome screen will look in text mode when the program is started:
Tip: Using a graphic will enable you to design your welcome screen to your exact requirements. Please bear in mind, however, that the standard VGA resolution is 640 x 480 pixels and should not be exceeded.